Music Camp 2019 Registration Now Open
We are pleased to open registration for our fourth annual Joyful Noise Music Camp. Music Camp is a week-long day camp (9:00am-3:00pm) where children can find or develop a love for music with experienced and passionate professional teachers. It is a time filled with music, learning instruments, singing songs, puppets, skits, and lots of fun.
Our theme this year is “….” If you love music, you probably love songs. Songs speak to us in a way that words just can’t. Nothing compares to a song that comes from the heart. They lead us to praise. They fill us with hope. They help us when we’re sad. We use them to express our love. And we sing them for joy. If songs from our hearts do this, what about the songs that we get from God?
Does my child need to know music?
- No, this camp is recreational. No previous musical experience is required.
I can’t make it to the camp every day. Can my child still participate?
- Yes, however, to help the camp staff please inform us before registering.
- Please note, due to instrument rentals costs, we, unfortunately, cannot offer a discounted rate for children who participate in the camp part-time.
What if my child is new to English or speaks English as a second language?
- Our staff is familiar with teaching ESL students, and for many kids, English is not their first language. However, some basic ability to follow instructions in English is needed.
I’m not a Christian. I’m concerned about what this camp may teach my child. Is it for me?
- Our camp is focused on giving kids a fun experience with music. More importantly, we want kids to learn the story of God’s love for all people. Your child does not need to be a Christian at all to participate. We will teach some very beginner, basic Bible stories filled with hope in God’s saving plan for us.
- If parents have concerns, you are welcome to sit in and listen with your children. Or you are welcome to speak with our pastor, who would be happy to answer any questions.
Are parents or grandparents allowed participate or stay and watch?
- Absolutely! Please contact our staff if you wish to volunteer or participate.
Are snacks and drinks provided?
- We provide children with a healthy snack and drink during a break time at the park. Lunch is not provided since we end at 12:30pm.
What about allergies (such as nut allergies) or medical concerns?
- Our snacks are nut-free. If there is another concern you have please let our staff know in advance and we will be happy to accommodate your needs.
- At camp registration on the opening day of camp, we will have you fill out or bring along a medical release form informing us of any special needs your child may have.
What are the details about the Closing Concert & Lunch on Friday, July 12?
- On our last day, we will have a special Closing Concert showing families the music the kids learned during the week. You are invited to bring any family and friends who are able to come.
- After the concert, there will be a closing lunch for families to socialize with other kids and parents as well as camp volunteers and staff. Please make plans to attend!
- The concert will be Friday, July 12, 12:00-12:30pm. Lunch to follow immediately.
Who do I ask if I have further questions?
- Please call our pastor, Geoff Cortright, at 604-259-6039 ext 2 with any questions or concerns you may have.